Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM-2n fire flash at 60s Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » OM-2n fire flash at 60s « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ronn

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings & thank you for reading this.

I just purchased a spare Olympus OM2n as a back-up to my existing OM2n. I was ready to load a test roll into the OM2n I just receieved and everything seems to be fine except the camera only syncs with the flash at speeds less than 30 while in the manual mode. The flash fires at 60 and below with the meter switch off, and it will also work on 60 and slower in the auto mode. I replaced the shoe 4 with the one off my other camera and no difference. Also tried using a different flash which allowed me to plug directly into the sync socket. No change. The switch for setting between FP & X is in the X position.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on? Thanks again for yout time.

Bruce

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Problem is 60th is slightly fast-OM2n and 2
won't fire above 60th- shutter speed can be adjusted by VR under cover in mirror box near
LH SPD You should have access to a speed
tester if you want to do it right. Earth yourself before mucking about with board-you can zap
the board if you're not careful with static
charge.

Ronn

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much for the feedback, I appreciate it very much. Sounds like this is a job best left to the experts with the right equipment.

Ronn

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration