Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need advice about a Pigeon, Model-III Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Need advice about a Pigeon, Model-III « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I've got a Pigeon Model-III (Shinano Camera Company Ltd.). I'm guessing it's about a 1956 model or thereabouts. Does anyone know exactly? It's got a Tri-Lauser 1:3.5 f=4,5cm lens. It won't advance. It's got a wind lever. It's also got a small knurled knob between the wind lever and the accessory shoe marked with the three letters A, D, R. Any Idea what that means? The speed and aperture setting are on the lens barrel. Thanks for the help!

Donald Qualls

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 04:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've never seen a Pigeon, but I'd guess that, first, you can't advance film without operating the body shutter release (opposite of double exposure protection, which it probably also has), and second, the A, D, R stand for Advance, Double expose, and Rewind. Alternately, you might need to trip a release of some kind in order to advance -- this was very common on 35 mm folders and some rigid 35 mm, which had to have film counters and locks, but often still had leaf shutters with body releases similar to those on medium format folders.

Scott

Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tips! On my pigeon, the shutter is cocked on the lens barrel itself, and released by a lever sticking out from between the camera body and the lens barrel. The shutter can be cocked and released, no problem. I can cock and release it over and over, even though I can't wind the advance. With the knob at any position -including "A"- I can't wind the wind lever, or get any movement on the film sprockets. Any more tips for me? Thanks!!

Alan

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 03:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a pigeon camera I just took apart because it had the same problems you are describing. Mine does not have the wind lever it has a knob anyway I could not move either the rewind or the advance knob and no movement of the film sprocket. I pulled the set screw in both of the top knobs and removed them and oiled the moving parts of the knobs . For some reason they were frozen tight and the oil/liquid wrench was all it needed now every thing is functioning correctly.(optional) I then went a step further and popped the top plate off and lubed the inner moving camera parts. Hope this helps.

Dave Engebo

Posted on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have an Osawa 35-105mm F3.5 Macro Zoom lens (Konica FT1) that was dropped and apparently does not work. It is my Dad's lens and was taken to a repair shop. He was told it is not repairable. I don't have other details, but there are no grossly visible problems.

I have been looking on eBay for the same lens, but no luck yet. Any advice?? What would you do in similar circumstances?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration