Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Maxxum 5 Shutter Blades Bented Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta Maxxum 5 Shutter Blades Bented « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wilfred Rivera

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All, Well My Top Shutter Blade In My Maxxum 5 SLR camara Is Bented The Other 2 Are in Perfect Condition I Managed To Put The Top Shutter Blade Back Into Its place and i press the shutter button and the shutter blades all go down even when i put on on my camara to take mulitple shots in 1/4000 of a sec it doesn't lock up i will take pictures of the camara's blades when i get it back from photo tech inc. in new york i went to get it repaired and they told me 218 dollars i wantted to laugh in their face since with that money i could buy a new one
i am thinking of using the camara how it is with the bented top shutter blade are there any cons in doing so?? will light hit the film still? will the film get stuck with the shutter??

Ed

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

depends on how bad it is. If it works, try a roll and look at ones taken at high speed and as well, look for any light fog. When shutter blades get bent, they can leak light.

Wilfred Rivera

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for the tip ed well i was actually thinking of trying to unbend the shutter blade is there a way 2 do so? seriously doubt it...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration