Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Please help with repair of a Fujica D... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Please help with repair of a Fujica Drive Half Frame camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Camille

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Fujica Drive does not seem to function properly because of some kind of mechanism problem. I have already opened the spring housing and there does not seem to be a problem there. I need to go deeper into the camera to check for problems but I can not for the life of me figure out how to open the thing up. There are so few screws on the thing and i have removed them all. How to go further? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

Scott

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 03:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I no longer have my Fujica Drive, but remember that some of the screws are under the leatherette. On mine, the blades had stuck shut, and the spring had been wound too tight. Be careful dismantling the steel spring. I got a few scrapes because I made the mistake of opening the housing before the spring's tension had been released. I remember that the bottom of the camera and the spring "motor" can be removed as a unit, without dismantling the spring housing.

marco

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

may i suggest your doing a search of this page for "fujica drive" (second option under Utilities)? you'll find a few serious warnings about dealing with the fully-wound springs that scott mentions.

Camille

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whe you mention the "leatherette" do you mean the covering that encases the whole camera? if so how do i remove this without damaging the camera. if you don't mean this part i described i don't think that i have a "leatherette" or maybe i just don't know what a leatherette is. Well, anyway I seemed to have repaired the mechanism problem and now the problem is that the second spool has lost it's will to turn and is now free wheeling. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I probably still need to get into the camera and still don't know how to do that without permanently damaging the thing. Help?!

Scott

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, the black vinyl covering that is glued onto the camera. you don't have to remove it completely- you can leave a bit of it hanging on, but you do have to peel back enough of it in order to get at the screws. I'm not positive, but I think I recall that you will have to take the bottom panel off of the camera body in order to re-connect the coiled steel spring. I think the whole spring is at least a couple of feet long.

Camille

Posted on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 02:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much Scott. I am going to give a try. Good luck to me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration