Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica LTL 3 - changing focussing s... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Praktica LTL 3 - changing focussing screen? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pawel

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 02:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks,

just one little question: Is there any possibility of changing the focussing screen of the Praktica LTL 3 camera?
(I want to replace the standart screen into a special matte glass screen).

I think the main problem is: How can I remove the viewfinder without having to divide the whole camera in every single mechanical part and screw...?

Maybe somebody already has had some experience with things like this?! Thanks for your help!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Farrell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many Prakticas of the L series have the prism and screen glued into a single unit - whether yours does, though, I'm not sure. If so, you can't change the screen. To get to the prism, you have to remove the top cover.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration