Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Series 1 28-90 (Komine) FD Aperture P... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Series 1 28-90 (Komine) FD Aperture Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Howard Owen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have the Canon FD mount 28-90 Vivitar S1 lens with an inactive aperture. We (a friend and I) removed the mount and exposed some of the workings (above the aperture), and it seems the aperture is fine--it moves freely enough. It appeared that there was a small pin missing from the assembly that was removed, so I made one and installed it. Now the aperture functions somewhat, but does not ever fully close to its smallest stop without a little help. We cannot figure a way to make it do so. Sorry that my description is so vague, but I don't really know what most of this stuff is called or a proper way to describe it.

My Question: Is there a source of info on this lens, either in the form of a live human being or printed material (like a set of prints)? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Howard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kiron Kid

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard

I have the repair manual for the Kiron 28-85, which is very similar.

Kiron Kid

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration