Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Lynx 14 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Lynx 14 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Help,Please. Have nice Lynx with Copal SVE shutter which seems to be shedding small bits from inside. Have a good replacement shutter from junker, looks same. How do I change it? have both lens out, but how do I get to back of shutter. Is lock ring in rear right or left thread? Would like to change mechanism and shutter together.

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remove the top and bottom covers, unsolder the wires to the meter, pull up the leatherette on front and remove the four screws. You can then lift the shutter assembly off the camera and remove the shutter retaining ring from the rear.

Winfried

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 03:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All retainer rings on the Lynx14 are right handed threads, i.e. you have to turn them counter clockwise to loosen them.

You can refer to the repair article on the Lynx5000 in the repair article section. Both cameras are virtually identical mechanical-wise.

Tom

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much. i will attempt to remove rear ring, although it is very tight. Perhaps a soak will free it. Also, will probably need to make a tool to fit it. Thanks again.
Tom

Winfried

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also had problems to loosen the rear retainer ring. I had to make a tool from a piece of steel sheet approx. 2mm thick which I found in a hardware shop with almost matching width. I had to file down the edges a bit. I fastened the tool in a vice, pressed the shutter plate on it and could loosen the ring by turning the shutter plate with brute force.

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some laquer thinner or acetone will also usually help loosen the retaining ring.

Tom

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Grateful thanks to everyone who helped. I did make another spanner wrench from putty knife and after soaking with lighter fluid it came out easily. Replaced entire shutter with one from old junker with good shutter. Seems to be fine now, but still need to finish up focusing, etc. After, I will take bad shutter apart and find out where all the small parts are falling out of and let you know.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration