Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Slow speeds on a Lordomat 35mm rangef... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Slow speeds on a Lordomat 35mm rangefinder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

frank sch.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The slow speeds stick on a newly aquired Lordomat Standard. This camera is unique because the shutter is in the camera body rather than in the removeable lenses. Does anyone know how to access the slow speed gear set?

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got the same problem. Although there is documentation available on the Prontor shutter from various sources, there is no maintenance documentation available on how to open up the Lordomat shutter housing. One possibility is the three screws that hold the shutter assembly onto the main body casting (accessible from inside the body). Perhaps, when the shutter is separated from the body it will be possible to disassemble it further. Let me know if you figure out how to do it.

The Lordomat is a beautifully made camera with an elegant design. The rangefinder/viewfinder is clear and precise, and the lenses are very good. I hope to get my slow shutter working so that I can make better use of the camera.

petej

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just bought a Lordomat Standard and the shutter is completely frozen. I can't manually move the sprockets inside to try cocking the shutter and the fast wind mechanism is stuck pointing towards the back of the camera instead of the front where is is supposed to be. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I've never opened an old camera before and I'm a bit reluctant to have a go at it without some advice on the pitfalls!

Patricia Dionne

Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

I have a Lordomat 35mm and I'm looking for a instructions manual. Can I find one on the Net?

Thanks

Pat

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration