Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contessa Nettel Deckrullo Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Contessa Nettel Deckrullo « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jani Heikkinen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!
Does anyone have any close-up pictures of the finders of the deckrullo camera? I'd be specially interested about the rear finder and it's attchment to the camera body.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Wallage

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have a C-N Deckrullo but I have the Zeiss Ikon Nettel Tropen quarter-plate version (post 1926). On that, the rear finder is just a hole in a flip-up plate. The hole is 2.1cm wide x 1.75 cm high, and the base of it sits 2 cm above the wooden body. The hinged part of the plate is 3.5cm square and it's hinged to a smaller plate for fixing to the body. This smaller plate is fixed to the body by two small screws. The front part of the finder is just a flip-up wire frame, 1/4 plate size. I assume the 9x12 cm versions were similar but with appropriate format for the front finder frame. I don't think the dimensions of the hole in the rear plate are critical as similar cameras of the same era often had just a flip-up plate with small circular hole for the rear finder. As far as I can see, the only thing that matters is that the centre of the hole in the rear finder and the centre of the front frame finder should be in line (judge parallax for close-ups by guesstimation). Rather crude in a way, just a 'point in the right direction' type of finder, but they worked.

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration