Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help please with Kiron 80-200 macro c... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Help please with Kiron 80-200 macro cleaning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

nugget

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 03:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey fellas,
I just bought a kiron 80-200 with macro lense dirt cheap,and i need help an ideas on cleaning it,i have stripped it down, but am very stuck and confused on how to get to the inner lenses to clean the fungus off, i just read on some more postings on here ill need to either buy or make a tool to remove the front lense cover to get to it,but i need to some how open the smaller inner lense setup to clean them aswell.everything else apper's to be working well.Its a PK mount lense,i dont know if that makes a difference? its the first lense i have attempted at cleaning and repairing.any help would be appreciated guys :)

Kind regards
nugget

Henry

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What do you mean by "stripped it down"? How far is it disassembled?

If you already have the hood and front element out and need to unscrew the middle group, realize it can be very tight. You'll need either a tool to reach in and grab the group housing or do as I usually do on Kirons. I carefully cut a couple opposing slots in the housing and use regular lens spanners. The thread is right-hand...lefty-loosy, righty-tighty.

Love that saying...

Henry

nugget

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks henry,
yeah sorry i didnt make it clearer on where i was upto,yep i have the frontal lense of everything is basically apart,except for those inner lenses,the little houseing that holds the 2 smaller glass lenses in. it seems someone has had a go at it and marked the little houseing up:(,and has a small crack in the outer houseing where one of the screws go :(,hopefully its not to big of a problem,i could nearly get a new housing manufactured for it,at my local metal shop,then rest of the lense has come apart really well,no internal damage anywhere.everything is in good nick,except for the inner housing. Another thing,how do i get the smaller lenses out? even after i remove the inner housing,the small lense holder appears to be sweated on? i havent attempted at even trying to remove this incase it strips or worse smashes. I took it to a local camera guy hear,and he said he has never come across a lense made like it,and he couldnt work out how it comes appart to reveal the inner side of the lenses,all he could say is "hmmmmmm sh*t i dunno" so i left there none the wiser on repairing this lense,if i get the smaller lenses out,and repaired and ready to go back together,what greese do i use? I was told silicone greese? iam not sure,because this is the camera guy that new less than i did about my Ricoh camera's and the kiron lense:( Ill try to get some pics uploaded to a sight ot maybe send someone some pics to give a better example,hopefully all is not lost with this lense:D

cheers Nugget

Henry

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, we'll wait for the photos.

I've searched my hard drive and located some pics of a 35-135 disassembled. Doubt they'd be much help.

Henry

Richard Brock

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently acquired a Kiron 28-85mm f2.8 macro-
zoom and, for the money spent, it was a bargain.
It has one very glaring problem, however, and
that is that, the inside of the rear lens
element is coated with a thin layer of some
substance that makes the element appear to be lightly "fogged". If the lens were not in all
other respects a very beautiful piece I would
merely "chuck" it and accept the loss. Does
anyone have any idea what this might be and
what the fix is?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration