Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Plastic 'grip net' Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Plastic 'grip net' « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Wallage

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I've recently been given a very useful piece of plastic 'sticky but non-sticky'
net (the best way I can describe it). It's a plastic net with the
holes about 1/8 in x 1/16 in, and it's made to stop things sliding. It's called Slipagrip and on the label, next to the German flag, it says Rutschfeste Stoffe (which my minimal German makes 'Slide-grip material'). It's made in the UK by a firm called Pyramid Products - see

http://www.pyramid-products.com/non_slip.htm

The person who sent me the sample got a roll of it in shop that caters for caravan enthusiasts, who use it to stop things sliding about in cupboards and drawers, but I'm told it's also available at many DIY superstores where it's advertised as a mat to stop things sliding on smooth surfaces, something to get a grip to unscrew recalcitrant caps on bottles and jars, and various other purposes.

I've no idea what plastic its made from, but it's strong and as flexible as a piece of cloth, and it really does GRIP. I find it much better than a rubber mat, or even rubber stoppers, for undoing things like lens elements and so on that need a friction grip. I unscrewed the front element of a Canon lens with it that had defied a rubber-faced tool.

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration