Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shattered lens element - Nikkor 80-20... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Shattered lens element - Nikkor 80-200 4.5 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Oddtyme

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I've gone and dropped my beloved Nikkor 80-200mm 4.5 lens, and smashed the rear lens element. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement lens element? This lens is the older style, non-AI.

Thanks for any help.
OT

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OT,

Unless you can find a junker lens and salvage the element out of it, you might be better off to try good old eBay. The pre-AI lenses are going fairly cheaply nowadays and it might be cheaper to go that route rather than trying to find the element itself.

The upside will be that, should you drop the lens again (hopefully front side first), you will have some spare parts. ;-)

Good luck,

Jan

M. Currie

Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 08:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right now, KEH (www.KEH.com) has a bunch of these lenses. You can get one in "ugly" condition for 49 bucks, or "bargain" for 61. Their "bargain" is often pretty decent. I've had good luck with them, and they do have a return policy. With ugly grade you run the risk of marked glass and fungus and the like, but bargain usually is optically good.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration