Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Series V filter system question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Series V filter system question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don Congdon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Kodak Retina IIIc which has a 29.5mm filter ring on the 50mm lens. I want to be able to use more modern filter sizes on this lens through a step-up ring. I've done some browsing, but nobody seems to sell a 29.5mm step-up ring. I do, however, have a 29.5mm to Series V adapter ring. I notice that the front of the adapter's retaining ring is also threaded, presumably to fit Series V accessories or other retaining rings.

I was wondering what the diameter of the Series V retaining ring threads are and if they coincide with one of the "standard" filter diameters. If so, adapting this adapter ring to a modern size would be easy. Any ideas or information on the Series system and its various diameters and threads? Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Wallen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 02:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should still be able to get Series VI filters, unless of course you are trying to adapt to existing filters that you have. Series V are about 30mm, but my old Series V all have metal rims that reduce the optical area to about 25mm. You may get vignetting with your f/2.0 Xenon. You will also find that some Series VI hoods don't clear the door. Kodak made a special hood for Retinas.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration