Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 RC lens disassembly. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus 35 RC lens disassembly. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adam

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought an Olympus 35 RC complete with UV filter an hood at the flea market for a grand total of AU$8. The fun kinda ended though when I brought it home only to find that what looked like fingerprint smudges on the lens is actually fungus.

I'd like to try and clean it out myself. The fungus seems to be on the inside of the first element, and maybe on one of the inner elements to. Can anyone tell me how to go about disassembling the lens to get access to these areas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remove the (recessed) retainer ring around the name plate ring, and the name plate ring with the meter cell. At least the first few lens elements are hold together by the 'cone' holding the first element in place. Unsrew the cone and remove the lens elements and their spacers, and leave notes how they came off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration