Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon F mirror adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon F mirror adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 04:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have a Nikon F whose mirror is apparently out of adjustment: Lenses (which work accurately with other bodies) are slightly out of focus at infinity on this body. (And fast lenses shot wide open at short distances have yielded slightly out of focus pictures).

I can't see any obvious way of adjusting the mirror, so any advice will be appreciated!

Yes, it could possibly be a collimation error, but I doubt it and will be testing for that before proceeding...

Thanks,

Chris

David Ritchie

Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris-- It could be the mirror, but I think that you should first look at the screen to make sure that it is the proper one and that it is installed properly. You do not indicate how familiar you are with this camera, but the screen is easily removable and the above could be the cause.

Don

Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the wind side there's an eccentric to adjust the mirror angle. It's just above the large screw that lays closest to the mirror floor near the center.
Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration