Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X370 mirror stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta X370 mirror stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Becca

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a minolta X-370 that I have been using for years. Always has worked great until today. Thought that the batteries had run out. Put in new ones and still nothing. They tell me that it is probably a stuck mirror. anyone know how to fix this problem?

Mike

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Becca-

To help us help you figure out this problem, does the mirror seem to stuck in the up or down position? Do the LED's still light up?

Henry

Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is not uncommon on these X-series as they get older and dustier inside. Try resetting the camera first.

To do this remove the bottom cover and hold the windlock dis-engaged with the main wind shaft while cocking the camera.

If you have any trouble I have a jpg of the area.

Henry

Steve

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI, Becca. A quick fix is possible. When you look through the front of the camera at the mirror and shutters (lens removed) can you see the vertical bars that separate the 2 shutters? If you do you can fix the problem by "helping" the shutters close the rest of the way. I usuall use my fingernail to push the shutter bars all the way to the right. (Or, if you access them from the back film compartment, all the way to the left.) Once the shutters are fully closed to where you no longer see the bars then everything should pop back into place and the camera should work. This may only be a temporary fix. The shutters may have locked because of weak batteries or some other more serious problem. May be a good idea to have the camera serviced.

Bernie

Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 08:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Minolta X-370, works well but my prints are all
dark on the right side, at least a few stops down, lighting not an issue, batteries are good. Do I need a shutter lube and can I do it myself.

Henry

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This darkness on one side is called capping and is caused by the curtains not traveling at their correct speed. Before you open it be sure there are no film chips restricting the curtain. Unless it is very, very dirty a X-370 won't cap unless there is an obstruction. This series of Minolta has a very good curtain module design.

Henry

will beck

Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have had a lens problem as well , I replaced my battery and still it was in the lock up mode , I switched it to B then back to auto still nothing , while reading the fix for Becca camera I opened the film door and lightly pressed the curtain and "click" the lens popped down , my question is why .

Will

Jose

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 08:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've a X-370 camera and the mirror was stucked on close position. So I bought new batteries the leds were on but the mirror didn't go up. i found on the net the service manual and I removed the bottom cover so I've found a capacitor broken. I changed it and my camera started working as good as before.
jose

Christina Smith

Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta X370 that I bought a swap fest. It took great pictures but then all of a sudden I can not make the film advance. One person told me that this might be the release magnet. Does anyone know what it might be, if there is a place that it can be sent to, to be repaired that won't cost a whole lot and how much will it cost? I love the camera but I am extremely broke.

Peter

Posted on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta X370 that seems to have an electrical short somewhere under the top cover.( if I move the top cover I sometimes get LEDs and the shutter will fire and then it will stop working) I need to know how to remove the film advance lever so that I can remove the top cover.The retaining device holding the film advance lever in place has what appears to be a slot for a philips screw driver but I can't get it to move in either direction and I am afraid to to be to forceful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration