Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica st 605 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Fujica st 605 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

paul

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 06:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone got any tips for removing top cover of this cam. There must be a way?
Thanks
Paul

Jon Goodman

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hopefully, memory will serve me here--I don't have one in front of me. With the lens facing away from you...there are 2 screws. One is on the right side, and one is on the back side near the viewfinder. Remove them. Battery cover off, and batteries removed. Open film door, block the film fork and unscrew the rewind handle. There is a plate under that you'll unscrew...use a piece of rubber or a faucet washer to get a grip. Use a piece of rubber to unscrew (counterclockwise) the top piece on the cocking/winding lever. Remove it and that assembly, keeping mind of the sequence. Let me stop here and offer a watchmaker's trick: If you want to never worry about replacing parts in the proper sequence, put a piece of masking tape sticky side up on your workbench. As you remove each piece, place it on the tape in a sequence that makes sense to you personally...right to left, left to right, up to down, whatever. You can also have two pieces of tape...one for right camera side/one for left camera side. For complex situations, attach the tape to a piece of paper onto which additional notes can be made. Do this, and you'll never miss a step on re-assembly. Ok, back to the Fujica: You don't have to do anything with the shutter speed dial. It will stay in place, but set it to B and don't move it (or the mechanism beneath it). Pull the top straight up and off. Keep the camera straight up until you see what parts may fall off...there are one or two that will, but you'll figure this out once you get inside. It is better to see where they go BEFORE they fall on the floor.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another thought...the 605 is one of the few cameras that used mirror damper on three sides of the focusing screen. The best time to replace that (if you think you want to replace all three sides) is when the pentaprism and focusing screen are out of the camera. You don't have to replace the foam on the edges, however. Everything will be fine if you merely replace the front edge. If you need a seal kit, please look for me on E-Bay...search "by seller" and enter my ID...Interslice.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration