Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri FT ee Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Petri FT ee « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jenny

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2004 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know how to repair this camera.
the mirror is stuck up in the camera, and the film advance lever and shutter release is all play.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2004 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jenny. It would be difficult to unscramble the egg without knowing more. Can you tell what position the shutter curtains are in? Is one sitting cockeyed or slanted? Is the shutter stuck in the open position? Obviously something has gone wrong (and they say our public education system has gone awry), but I couldn't say what at this point.

Jon

Jenny

Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Jon, the shutter position is all the way to the right. Thought maybe it was stuck, not quite all the way, but almost there, so I pushed it a little more, but that didn't seem to work either:(
put it this way, my sister was taking pictures with it, and she went to advance the film, and the lever went all the way, and when she went to take the picture, no click...

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jenny. Is the film still in the camera? If the answer is yes, press the release button on the bottom of the camera and rewind/remove the film. Then, the camera may cock and work normally. Offhand, it sounds like possibly the film reached its end before the shutter was fully cocked...maybe. Again, I'm sort of running down clues one by one here, but let's start there and see.

Jon

Jenny

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey Jon!
Yes, the film is out of the camera.
noit still doesnt work.
I am a little leary about taking it apart to see whats going on, but im not too great with slr guts.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jenny. Well, I understand your caution. Somewhere I have a Petri which I believe shares about the same design as yours. Let me dig it up and see what I can see. Please give me a day or two to find it.

Jon

Jon Goodman

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jenny. I didn't find the Petri tonight, but I know which box it is in now. Tomorrow I'll get it.
Jon

Jenny

Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jon, did i lose you?

Jon Goodman

Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 08:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jenny. No, but the Petri was not in that box. I suppose I should have said "I think I know which box it is in." Sorry. I thought for sure I'd have located it by now. I know I didn't sell it...and there are only so many places it could be.
Jon

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Found it. Amazing when you store a camera in the wrong case how difficult it is to find. We are going to be looking at the cocking/winding sequence, and it may be just as easy for me to take some pictures and e:mail them to you so we can compare. Can you receive e:mailed images ok?

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration