Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM-2sp Rewind Button Stuck and Shutte... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » OM-2sp Rewind Button Stuck and Shutter won't advance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I purchased an OM-2sp in great condition from my brother-in-law with a whole suite of lens recently for $150! Today I was shooting my son's track meet and just before his big race the shutter wouldn't advance. Figuring I was at the end of the roll, I hit the "R" button, rewound the film, tried to load a new roll, and the shutter wouldn't advance, and the "R" rewind button is stuck in the down position. Nothing seems to get it unstuck.

Is there anything I can do to get the rewind button unstuck, and the winder to work again? I don't want to spend a whole lot of money, but love this camera now.

Help! Can't really send this back to my brother-in-law at this time.

rick

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One possibility is dirt in the rewind button itself is keeping it from coming back up. Try dripping just a drop of cigarette lighter fuel right on the button and see if you can get it to pop back up.

If this doesn't work, you may have to take off the top cover - in the OM2S, this is not real easy.

:)=

Steve

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Gary. I know this is a simple solution but just in case you have not tried it yet, replace the batteries with fresh ones. A lot of cameras will not function if the batteries are drained.

Gary

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just got back from a business trip. Thanks for the posts. I tried new batteries and that didn't work. I took off the bottom plate and put some pressure on some of the levers... that didn't work either.

This camera is very clean. However, I will try the lighter fuel. I don't think its the "rewind" button though. The winder will not advance and it seems like the gears are not meshed properly. Frustrating! Shouldn't it wind whether the "R" button is in or out?

Thanks again!

Joris Van Looveren

Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 05:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gary, I have that problem on an OM-2SP I picked up at a flea market. I have the top cover off and am trying to get the advance mechanism out to examine it.

When the R-button is in, the spools inside the camera are disconnected from the mechanism.

Good luck with yours---I hope I get mine working again, it seems a lot nicer than my OM-10...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration