Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S 2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica Auto S 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just finished complete CLA and everything came out fine, except for one problem. When I take it off AUTO, the meter does not shut off. Have done many cameras before and this a new problem for me. Hate to open it up again, but what turns meter on/off when turning ring.

Winfried

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's pretty normal, the meter of the Auto-S2 indicates aperture values even in manual mode. BTW I prefer this method which allows you to follow the proposal of the internal light meter or to set your own values.

Tom

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Winfried,
Thank you. I assume the only way to conserve the battery then, would be to use a lens cap? I somehow thought that setting to MANUAL mode would turn off power to meter.
Thanks again

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually most cameras turn off the meter by setting the aperture dial to any manually controlled value. On the Auto-S2 (and some others, like the Ricoh500G/GX/MF/RF) the only way to switch off the meter is using a lens cap.

The Minolta Hi-Matic7/7s have an OFF position on the ASA control ring but this just places a blind in front of the meter cell.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration