Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35, how to remove len... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Electro 35, how to remove lense from front? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Smith

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all, new to forum.
I searched all archives and did some google searching, but could not find out how to remove the lense from my Yashica Eletro in order to gain access to and clean it's stuck blades via the lighter fluid/tissue method.

I removed the ring with the lense specs printed on it, and took the assemblies off by removing all screws to the point at which the sliding contacts and the assembly they are attached to are off. I can see the gold contacts and lots of wiring now. I removed a black aluminum ring with spanner notches to expose the glass lense, which I cannot get to come out. There are no further spanners to get a grip on. What to do next?
Thanks,
Pat Smith
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Obviously you only removed the first lens element from its mount. Ther front lens elements are all mounted in a 'lens cell' which must be removed completely from its thread in the shutter assembly. Try to grip the lens cell with pliers which surround it as far as possible in order not to deform the threads inside.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration