Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica SLR Maintenance/Repair People Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica SLR Maintenance/Repair People « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Greg Chappell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Konica T3 that needs gooey seals replaced & I'd really like someone with knowldge in this line of cameras to give it a good internal cleaning too- all systems are working fine- no mechanical parts needed. Anyone have a good shop or individual they can give me?

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can replace the seals yourself. There are inexpensive kits with clear instructions available on eBay.

Matt Denton

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If all the systems are working fine I wouldn't mess with it other than to replace the light seals (a pretty trivial DIY task) and enjoy! I've been inside these, you can easily mess them up by taking them apart. I wouldn't if it's working.

Matt

http://www.mattdentonphoto.com

Jon Goodman

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Greg. I agree with Matt. The seals are easy, but wandering through the camera is not so easy. If you need a light seal kit, you could look on E-Bay and search "by seller." Enter my ID...Interslice...and you'll see two sizes of kits. The $6 size will give you enough to re-seal this camera and 5 others like it...although in some Konicas the mirror damper is a bit tricky because of the thin baffle which sits in front of the focusing screen. Some are best replaced when the camera is apart or simply left alone.

Jon

Michael

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you really, really want to send it out you could use:
K&S Camera Repair
364 W. Shaw
Fresno, CA 93074
559-222-3686

He does specialize in Konicas. I sent a Autoreflex T to him over a year ago even though I had done almost 60 seal replacements in SLR's already. Wanted to see what he could do for his $65.00 eBay special. Well the seal work was no different from mine how ever the meter, which was not working, he got to work even though it wasn't part of the deal. Has worked great ever since even though it is third on my list of cameras to use following #2 Spotmatic and #1 Minolta.

David Ritchie

Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I might also add that Ken of K&S trained and worked at Olympus and and handles OMs up to but not including OM-4. I was very happy with his work on a couple of OM-2s.

Mike M.

Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another good technician is Greg Weber (www.webercamera.com) who only deals with Konica. You might want to join the Yahoo group 'konicaslr' to learn more about your camera system. I have a camera at K&S right now getting a CLA, so either one is good for USA customers. The group site has recommendations for Canada and Europe also, for those who don't like the red tape at customs.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration