Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei 35B shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Rollei 35B shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

colin Melhuish

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 06:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Rollei 35B whose shutter is firing at 1/500 no matter what the setting (even B!). Does anyone have any idea how to access the shutter mechanism on this one?
Thanks. Colin

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Rollei35 series is designed quite different from most cameras. The shutter mechanism and escapement (delay mechanism) rests on the body (left from the lens when the lens is pointing towards you). All I know that sometimes it's sufficient to drop some droplets of lighter fluid into this mechanism after removing the bottom plate.

Colin Melhuish

Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 09:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Winfried! Thanks for the info. When I look into the BACK of the camera the shutter escapement mechanism seems to be on the left. I was wondering if there is a removable front plate to gain access to this mechanism before I go peeling off all the leatherette. There seems to be no access via the top plate (I've had that off already ;-) Cheers, Colin.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration