Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet QL17 GIII - Rough focus ring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canonet QL17 GIII - Rough focus ring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Treve

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there!
The action of the focus ring on this camera seems to have become somewhat rough. This is making focussing a little difficult.
Is there any way of improving this?
Thanks,
Treve

Ezio

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 05:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it just the focusing ring, or it is the whole lens assembly that has become a little loose (that is, you can move it a little bit)? In the latter case, there are detailed treads on this forum on how to peel the leatherette to expose the four screws on the front plate that hold the lens assembly. Another (and simpler) possibility is that the ring immediately below the focusing ring has become loose and interferes with mouvement. Try to tighten the two small screws that hold this ring on the lower part of the lens.

Treve

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, the lens is a little wobbly, but I understand that this is common and it doesn't really bother me.
The problem occurs when I turn the focus ring by pushing on the lever. When I first pick up the camera it feels quite smooth to turn, but it becomes more rough as I continue to turn the focus ring back and forth.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration