Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Jammed Retina Reflex advance Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Jammed Retina Reflex advance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don Congdon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just bought an Retina Reflex 025 (original Retina Reflex) with a jammed advance. I can move it about 1/3 of its stroke before it stops. The mirror drops down about 1/3 as well. I imagine this problem is a common one, so does anyone have any suggestions? Failing that, does anyone know a good repairman who will take Retinas? Thanks!

Jon Goodman

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Don. You did reset the film frame counter, right? The cocking mechanism locks up when they reach 0 on the countdown. If the problem is something other than this, things can get a little tricky.

Jon

Don Congdon

Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 05:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alas, the counter isn't the problem (that was the first thing I thought of. It seems to be some kind of mechanical resistance when I try to cock the shutter. I'm not sure if the shutter cocking mechanism or the mirror return mechanism is the culprit.

Don

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 07:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes this is a difficult puzzle. The linkage in these is very complex, and problems are not always easy to "see." I'm sure the answer is yes, but have you tried cocking with the lens removed?

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration