Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FM meter switch Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon FM meter switch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andreas Berg

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to save a Nikon FM whith an impact damage. The camera had a shutter release extension (Nikon AR-1), whitch had been hit by somthing, resulting in a bent top-plate, and some damage underneath it. My question: The lever switch (part #B2406, positioned close to the sutter release, has one corner of the steel base plate bent downwards. It seems to me that this is a result of the impact damage, and that the bent corner prevents the switch from pivoting, making it impossible to switch the meter on. The drawings in the repair manual are not too clear on this part, so I'm in doubt. Can anyone please tell if I'm right? If so, I would be interested if anyone could sell me such a part. The camera is still too nice for a paperweight. (I have made a sketch of the part, which I can mail on request).
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sean OKeefe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andreas,
I have the part(s) you need. I emailed you directly.
Ciao
Sean

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration