Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Centon DF300 Winding Error/Slippage (... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Centon DF300 Winding Error/Slippage (aka Minolta X370 & Seagull DF300) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 02:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
Got a Centon DF 300 from E-bay, it's the same camera as the Minolta x 370 & Seagull DF 300 I believe, it's chinese made.

Anyway, every so often, I take a shot and when I wind on the film with the Film Advance Lever, it doesn't wind! i.e. the Film Rewind Crank doesn't rotate and the film counter doesn't 'advance' or add 'one'. The Film Advance Lever appears to work OK.

Looking inside the back, there's the film roll at the left and the Take Up Spool on the right. Just to the left of the Take Up Spool is a plastic 'bar' with sprocket teeth on it. The teeth on this 'bar' push the film onto the TU Spool. This 'bar' and the Take Up Spool turn when the film advance lever is wound on, but you can stop the T U Spool from turning with your finger. Is this right? I'd have thought they would have been linked so there was no chance of slippage or errors, etc.

So while the plastic 'bar' (with the sprocket teeth) can turn and push the film onto the TU spool, sometimes, the TU SPool doesn't turn.

I think this is what's happening but as it's happens behind a closed back, who knows?

Another thing, While the matering works OK, including the AE. There is a red LED on the front that should flash when using the self timer, it doesn't flash tho the timer works. I mention it just in case.

Other than that, the camera appears fine. I'd be grateful for any advice. I don't even know if the above is the way it's supposed to be and the prob is elsewhere.

Thanks in advance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Paul. The TU spool has a sort of "clutch" in it so you should be able to rotate with your finger. The smaller spool to the left with the teeth, however, should not turn when you apply pressure. It sounds like this spool is slipping. Check the film release button on the bottom. It's possible it is not popping back out all the way when you advance a new roll of film. It need to pop down all the way to engage the gears on top which control the spool with the teeth. This may be your problem. Don't know how to fix the timer light problem other than replacing the bulb.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration