Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FTb film/shutter speed dial co... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon FTb film/shutter speed dial configuration « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 05:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I would like to know how to reattach the film and shutter speed dial of the canon FTb camera cooresponding to the correct aperature and light meter readings. Depending on how far a wheel is turned when I reinsert the dial, different shutter speeds are available and the light meter reading is changed. Is there a base setting that I can calibrate the wheel too?

I've successfully rewired the light meter (disconnected solder joint) and un-jammed the shutter button thanks to this forum and this should be the last problem in my way to resurrecting my lost beauty.

Thanks in advance
Brian

Don

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Assuming the top cover is on, set the dial to asa 25 @ 1/1000th. Turn the speed shaft so 1/1000 is displayed in the finder. Insert the knob into the coupler slot closest to the front. You will have
to turn the coupler cw a bit to get it & the spd knob pin to line up. Set asa 100 & turn to 1/4 sec. Between 1/4 & 1/2 sec., the red flag should appear in the bottom of the screen. If so, that should do it.
Don

brian

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Don,

Just to clarify, once I have done this and the camera is set to asa 100 and 1/4 second, the light meter indicator arrow (red flag) should be hovering just at the bottom of the range with the light meter turned off?

thanks
Brian

Don

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep - meter off. red flag is mech. controlled.
Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration