Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Wollensak Stereo 10 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Wollensak Stereo 10 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

German Sanchez

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi to you all

I’m not precisely new to the forum but this is the first time I post.

I recently acquired a Wollensak Stereo 10.

It looked in very nice condition, but I guess I didn’t revise the fine details.

Wile the rangefinder seems to work fine, the lever is a little stiff (the distance lever), And I’m not sure if it works completely, since when I move the little lever on the rangefinder’s window nothing seems to happen, is this normal or should I see a difference?, the lever I’m talking about is the one that reads 3 feet to 10, 10 feet to inf.

I tried to remove the top cover to see if I could adjust the rangefinder, but to my surprise, it seems like the last tinkerer wanted to remain that, “the last one to ever tinker with this camera”.
I found 3 screws 1 on each of the knobs, and one under the rewind knob. The screws on the knobs ware swept (is this the correct word in English?), there was no sign of what kind of screws they used to be, no Philips nor regular slot, they had a hole in the middle, whit a lot of care and using a Philips screwdriver I managed to remove them but they’ll need to be replaced. And even after taking the screws out, I can’t remove the knobs, shouldn’t they come off after the screws had been removed?
The screw under the rewind knob on the other hand is cracked in half, so I don’t know how to remove it, any ideas?
Am I taking the right approach?, is removing the top cover the way to get to the rangefinder?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Hall

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi German,

I have just bought a Revere 33 stereo camera, which is basically the same item with different lenses. I will try to answer your questions...

The rangefinder window is the one on the left of the camera. The viewfinder window is the one in the middle. In the rangefinder window you'll see a red image and a yellow image, when the images of the object you are focussing on match, you've got the range. Through the viewfinder window you will see the bubble level and the view (obviously!). The little lever is a topic of hot debate. Some people say it does something, some that it does nothing or at least very little. It is also possible that it works on some cameras but not others. I wouldn't worry about it - it is only supposed to change the parallax a little.

To get the top off the camera, you will need a set of Bristol Spline wrenches. I got mine from DrT on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4692&item=3823499807) he also sells a repair video and a (very basic) repairman's view book - it says Revere/Realist but these should also fit the Wollensak. They often put two screws in each hole, so there is probbaly one left in each. Don't use the screwdriver to try to get these out - only the proper wrenches.

I don't know what you'd do about the cracked screw - carefully try to drill it out (remember there will probably be another one behind it that you don't want to damage). Once you get the knobs off, there are two screws one on each side of the camera top - and yes this is the way to get to the rangefinder...

If you get fed up with the camera let me know, I'd like a Wollensak to play with!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration