Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Top plate removal Rollei 35S Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Top plate removal Rollei 35S « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Dvorak

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 01:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have run into a brick wall - actually, so has this Rollei 35S and that is whay I am trying to remove the top plate. I am stumped as to how to remove the shaft of the rewind lever, which sticks out of the back of the camera, after the rewind lever is removed.

This shaft is the last obstacle preventing the top cover from coming off. Any help available out there?

Thanks,

Jan

Anders

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jan! The shaft have a flat side. Turn the shaft til you have the flat side to the right side of the camera. Move the spring to the right side and lift the shaft right out.

Anders.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 08:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still cannot figure it out. I did locate the spring, but cannot find a way to push it to the side so that it can stay there and allow the shaft to be pulled out. Also - the shaft has two flat sides, any difference as which one should face the right side? I did not think so, but thought I would ask anyway.

When referring to the 'right' side, are we looking at the camera from the back?

Many thanks,

Jan

Anders

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first "flat" is to hold the rewind lever in open position. Turn the lever shaft to the next "flat" anticlockwise, push the spring to the right side and hold it there at the same time you lift the shaft right out. I mean the right side from the back of the camera. Take a closer look at the shaft. I'm sure you see what i mean. The flat is in the innards of the shaft and goes the whole length of the shaft.

Anders

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Anders,

That did the trick, the top is off. I did not see that the shaft was flat along its whole length on one side. Now I have to figure out what to do with the spring in the cocking mechanism that has detached itself from somewhere. I wonder if anybody has a diagram or a service manual - I searched the net for a repair manual, but to no avail. Being the cheapskate that I am, I was looking for N/C downloads only... -;)

Jan

reiner

Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jan,

the service manual is not very helpful in this issue. If you have the top cap off and you look on top of the Rollei 35 you should see the primary transport wheel which is normally screwed to the advance lever. It interferes with the secondary transport wheel which might be of plastic or of brass. The secondary wheel has a tiny hole. This is the upper attachement point of the spring. If you carefully look at this spring you should which end to connect here. The other end of the spring has the form of a hook. It must be hooked to a tiny rail close to the viewfinder.

The best procedure to reattach the spring should be:
- remove the primary transport wheel
- take the secondary wheel out (unscrew it first)
- hook the spring into the secondary wheel
- re-insert the sec. wheel with the spring
- turn the wheel counterclockwise until the other end of the spring hooks to the right place automatically
- give the spring a bit of pretension and mount the primary wheel

The last point is delicate. Propably you will need several attempts. If the primary and the secondary wheel are not sychronised in the right way you need two strokes to transport the film and to cock the shutter. I did this allways by try and error and I cannot give an exact description.

Good luck, Reiner

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Reiner. Off to the workbench this evening....

Jan

Sean Morony

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just taken the top off a Rollei 35 S,which has had water damage.I've found a small disc/elliptoid,made of thin metal, with a letterbox shaped hole in the centre and a semi-circular slot cut into one half near the outer edge.I can't figure out where it goes.I'd also like to know if the camera needs the battery installed before the shutter will fire.Many thanks,
Sean.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sean,

I can't help you with the location of the part, but the Rollei 35's shutter is mechanical and works without a battery. Only the meter will require a battery to operate.

Good luck,

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration