Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lense cleaning Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Lense cleaning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Norm

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have been cleaning my deceased brother's camera collection. Went into a Meyer-Optik Telemegor1:5.5/400 to attempt to remove years of fungus growth. Removed the front lense and decided to try Ponds Cold Cream. Worked fine but required a lot of alcohol to get the Ponds residue. Decided the other lense would have to be cleaned inside the housing. Cut a twelve inch piece of 1/2 dowel. Folded a pad of roll towel, smeared on a small amount of Ponds and turned the pag against the lense by rolling the dowel between my palms. Worked fine, Did both sides. Cleaned up the mess and never lost a screw. Now at 80 that's an accomplishment. Norm

Michael Linn

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good job Norm-

These old Meyer lenses are well built and worth cleaning up. I have several old restored (by me) Meyer Telemegors and try to use them once in a while. They are excellent performers. Is yours in black or natural aluminum and which mount is it?

Regards,

Mike

Norm

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 07:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike: I really don't know which mount. Lense is "black finish" There are five Soviet (Dresden)cameras - not cleaned; I developed fungus in my lungs and have put everything aside until things improve. Everything my brother had was coated in growing green???? Apparently I was an acceptable host. Norm

Steve

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Norm, are you saying you have a fungus in your lungs and that you may have got it from working on these lenses?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration