Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro G film rewind lever Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Electro G film rewind lever « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JB

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just acquired an Electro G. I'm completely new to rangefinder and classic cameras. The film rewind lever on my Electro G does not lift up to pop open the camera back like on a SLR. I can still open the camera by pressing down on a hinge on the bottom of the left side of the camera. Is the rewind lever supposed to lift up? I tried without force. There is a tiny space between the lever and the camera body that just doesnt look or feel right. Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Curt

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 07:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi JB,
The Yashica Electro G opens by a tiny chrome slide lever on the camera bottom, clasp side. If you're holding the camera in front of you, your left pinkie finger is probably right on top of it. The Electro GS and GSN open the other way, via lifting the rewind knob. From the sound of it, you're opening the camera properly, otherwise it wouldn't open at all. Enjoy the Yashica, nice lens, solid old camera. Curt in Canada.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration