Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Film counter mechanism, Pentax P30t Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Film counter mechanism, Pentax P30t « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sean OKeefe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have a Pentax P30t with the prong on the back door broken off which would actuate the film counter mechanism when the door is closed.

I want to get the film counter working again, so I need to either rebuild the plastic prong using glue with perhaps ground up plastic, or putting a screw into the metal part that the plastic door prong would normally actuate so the screw would be actuated by the closed door, even though the prong is gone.

I'm thinking the second option would be a more permanent solution but I would need to drill a tiny hole and thread in a small screw, which I could glue in once the proper distance is set.

Option three is to find a door with the prong intact cheap enough to justify buying it (camera with 2 lenses was only 50 bucks).

Anybody try something like option 2 before?

I have the epoxy putty from a Nikon action touch repair so I can try that, but it says in the literature that it won't bind to plastics and I wonder about the longevity of this kind of repair.

Ciao
Sean

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration