Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei 35 crazy slow shutter speeds Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Rollei 35 crazy slow shutter speeds « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gregor Lasser

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 02:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!
I have a problem with the slower shutter speeds (1/15-1/2). At these settings the shutter speed is much slower than the readings indicate. I can also hear a sound of a kind of wheel that seems to get struck.
I expect that this is a simple problem of old oil in the shutter speed mechanism, but how do you get in there? In another threat on a similar problem someone advised to take of the bottom cover, but witch screws do you really have to remove for this operation?
My second question is quite simple, has there ever been a lens cover for the Rollei 35 ?

Any help greatly appreciateted
Gregor

Anders

Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The simpliest way to clean the slow shutter mechanism is to spray little electronic cleaner on/in it. Open the back of the camera and the film pressure plate. You will find it on the left side of the lens. It's enough with very little cleaner on it. For the most, it's a permament solution for this problem.
My father and i have use the cleaner for years and it's very effective for sticky shutter-blades and a vary of mechanisms.

Anders

Robert

Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As to the second question: lots of lens caps show up on evilBay, plus there's a guy in the UK that sells them in factory packaging when he can get them. All you need is money.
The escapement: the star wheel and pallet are on the upper end, so pulling the top cover is probably necessary. My personal choice is to lube a Rollei 35 escapement, because you have steel axles in a steel plate situation

Robert

Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As to the second question: lots of lens caps show up on evilBay, plus there's a guy in the UK that sells them in factory packaging when he can get them. All you need is money.
The escapement: the star wheel and pallet are on the upper end, so pulling the top cover is probably necessary. My personal choice is to lube a Rollei 35 escapement, because you have steel axles in a steel plate situation.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration