Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FG jammed film advance and button Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon FG jammed film advance and button « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jeri

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the only problem I've ever had with this camera and I've had it fixed twice. The film advance lever is stuck and the button just depresses but does not open the shutter. It was fixed successfully before but the last time it was fixed was about a year ago.

Will this continue to be a problem and is it worth fixing a third time. I've had it for 20 years and like it alot, but wonder if I should just buy a newer model.

Thanks

Conrad

Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The usual jammed FG problem is just a dead or dying battery. Try that first. Sometimes you can clear a jam by shifting the toothed film sprocket with your finger while gently playing with the advance lever and rewind button, also the shutter speed knob. Can't remember which combination works on the FG, but I've had this problem at least once. It's still a very good little camera.

Darrell

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have had the same problem with the Nikon FG. This problem is easily fixed without taking it in and spending lots of money to get fixed. The cause of the shutter jamming is due to battery life or low battery, to fix this problem replace the battery and turn the shutter speed to B. The shutter re-closes and the light meter will start to work again,and the camera funtions properly. As Conrad said do not get rid of the camera, it is a good little camera.I have had mine for 24 years, the shutter jamming has happened to me about 3 times and the steps I mentioned have always worked for me.

vincent

Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Nikon FG's shutter dosen't work. Does anybody know where this problem originates or how to fix it?
If so email me at [email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration