Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon EX Auto Fast Speeds Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon EX Auto Fast Speeds « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aaron

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 03:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm working on a Canon EX auto. The fast speeds (from 1/60-1/500s) are strange. The shutter behaves in the opposite way to capping. That is, the right side of the shutter (as viewed from the back of the camera) is dark. That camera appears to have been unused for decades. Any ideas? Thanks!

Aaron

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let me elborate the problem. This camera has a mechanical shutter which has a top speed of 1/500s. I believe it has construction similar to a TL, TLb and TX produced around the same time. The fast speeds (1/60 through 1/500) of this camera all appear to sound the same and very short. The shutter only opens near the left end of the frame (view from the back). I should be grateful for any assistance. Thanks!

Aaron

Posted on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've solved the problem. The shutter behaves strangely because I have removed the mirror box. After the mirror box (which is very complex) is back in place it works nicely. Sometimes I wonder how we can test an SLR camera's shutter without the mirror box.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration