Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Lynx 1000 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica Lynx 1000 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is my ever first venture into "Classic" cameras. I have just acquired this Yashica but I can not open the film chamber as the slide lock release button appears to be 'disconnected.'

I have no tools and no experience what so ever of camera repair . . . and certainly no technical knowledge of this camera.

I live in Birmingham UK - where can I get help and assistance? Who can, or may be able to, offer me a repair?

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 12:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I remember correctly, this is just like the Lynx 5000. You slide the button forward and then press down. Sometimes the light seal foam has deteriorated to the point that the back won't pop open. You may have to give it a little help by gently pulling up on the back. Replacing the light seals will fix that problem.

If the release button really is disconnected, you can remove the bottom cover and press the release latch directly.

roger

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, you got it in one!
It was the small matter of pressing after moving - rather than before.

Thanks Dan.

Can I ask another?
Is the light meter adjustable?
It appears to read consistently low - compared to my Weston. Could be the cell of course and I can do a 'work around' by compensating on the ASA setting. Just nice to have everything right . . . you know, just like life!

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a small adjustment ability by removing the front lens, loosening some screws and turning the resistor strip a little. But this is only for fine tuning and can't make a big change.

Most likely the selenium cell has lost some capacity. Other than replacing the cell, there's not much else to do. Adjusting the ASA is a good compromise, but check the meter over a wide light range to see if it's still accurate.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration