Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help canonet_ql17 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Help canonet_ql17 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

djalab

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I'have a canonet and i want to take off the upside cap (where the finder is). What can i do to throw off the shutter release?
Thank you.
djalab.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Djalab,

I believe that what you want to accomplish is to remove the top cover of the camera. The shutter release collar can be removed by using a rubber block or a piece of an inner tire tube. By using rubber you will be able to get a good grip on the collar and will not damage it. Press hard on the collar and turn counterclockwise.

Good luck,

Jan

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another thing that sometimes works is to wrap a piece of masking tape around the chrome ring and use the tape as a handle to twist the ring off. Like the rubber pad, this will not damage the part and it sometimes gives a better grip without having to press so hard.

My notes for this are here, if they may be helpful:
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-30.html

djalab

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 02:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok guy's, thank you for this great tip, it works!!!
balajd.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration