Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon MD-12 wiring diagram? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon MD-12 wiring diagram? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

seanokeefe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anybody have a wiring diagram of the Nikon MD-12 or a picture of the wiring connections on the board in the handle?
Thanks
sean
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sean OKeefe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, here it is. William Sampson was kind enough to send an email with a scan of the manual showing the connections. The board has connections on two sides, The side by the round cylinder has 3 soldered wires, the other side has 4. The side with 4 from the closest edge is purple, gray, yellow, black. The other side has red, orange/white (same solder point). Two of the wires go to the two edges of the contacts that are actuated by the top button, orange to the part with two contacts, yellow to the other one with one shorter contact. There are two switches, the release switch with 2 wires and the changeover switch with 3. Two contacts are closer to each other in these switches (I'll call them edge and middle, the (more) solitary contact as other edge). For the release switch the more solitary post wire is black and the edge contact wire is purple. On the changeover switch, the edge contact closest to the mid contact is red, the mid contact is white and the other edge contact is gray. You can tell the difference between the release and changeover switches by the number of soldered wires, the release switch only has 2. I'll try to get a picture and post it as I think my description may need help - haha.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration