Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus XA2 NOT XA3 thumbwheel jam Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus XA2 NOT XA3 thumbwheel jam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alastair Robertson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry anyone who picked up the XA3 thumbwheel jam message. Its an XA2 !

Further investigation of the jam makes me wonder if the camera wont fire , ie go click when yoiu press the shutter button, then it could be the contacts under the red plastic button.

Even so , how do i get at contacts to clean and what with ?

I have so far taken off base-plate and screws under winder and the screw in the back to tthe right of the viw finder. Everything wiggles but I am loathe to give it a big heave. Am I missing a screw somewhere ?

I have seen mention of leavering off the red button with pin.

many thanks

Alastair
?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry I didn't see this message when I posted to the other one. Yes, I agree the shutter probably didn't fire. Please see below (or was it above?). I would try to remove the clamshell and see if I could close the switch manually. May be a small lever...can't recall.
Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration