Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica MTL3 lens mount loose Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Praktica MTL3 lens mount loose « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Allan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

My Praktica MTL3 lens mount is loose causing a slight change in focus.

Is this easy to fix and how would I go about it?

thanks

Allan

Stefan

Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 07:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This collector describes the problem on his neat web site:
http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/cameras/praktica_mtl3.html

Seems to be easy to repair!
Stefan

Stefan Gorm

Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For archiving purposes I will post the description here.
This repair instruction I originally found at the USA based photographer Matt Denton's web page (http://homepage.mac.com/mattdenton/photo/index.html)

How to fix a loose lens mount on Praktica MTL3:

1. Remove the plastic insert ring around the lens mount.
There are two ways of doing this. Matt pried it out with some dental picks.
When I as a complete amateur tried this myself I failed. But I found an alternative method instead: Open the back, select the B setting and hold down shutter releases button. When looking into the housing, you can see two holes top right and top left in the mount ring on its rear side. Use a dental pick to push the ring out, but be careful so you won't crush a pair of cables drawn in one of those holes. Check for these cables with a bright torch first.

2. Under the plastic ring are four screws. They might be loose or have fallen out inside and need to be reinserted. Tighten them.

3. The ring has a single aligning pin, indicated by a flat spot with a dot, and is just held in place by push pressure.
Good as new.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration