Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AE1 problem. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon AE1 problem. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Melton A

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My AE 1 mirror is in the up position and I can't see through the view finder?
I can pull the miror down manually or push the lever at the bottom of the lens opening to lower the mirror.
I can't advance the film.
I put in a new battery.
Help please.

Ed

Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

open the back and check to see if the curtain bars are all the way to the left, indicating complete shutter travel. If they aren't, that could be the problem--the wind mech. won't release so you can wind again. If that is the case, that the lens off and using the middle finger and thumb GENTLY pinch the curtain and pull to the left. this should release things--it doesn't take much force and if you can't see the bars, that is not the problem

Garry

Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a fairly common problem in AE-1 cameras that has to do with jammed advance shaft. Try not to force the advance lever as it may cause further damage. We specialize in service and repair of 35mm SLR and Digital cameras and are certainly familiar with this particular problem. Our estimate for this particular model is $53.00. For more information visit our web site at www.garryscamera.com.

Garry,
www.garryscamera.com
[email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration