Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT200 mirror & foam Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta SRT200 mirror & foam « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a used SRT200 in pretty good shape, but the mirror has some sicky dark dirt on it. Under the backcover, foam sealing is mostly gone. Is it relatively simple to fix these? I'd rather do it myself than send it to stores where they charge $125+ for complete work. Thanks much!

Jon Goodman

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Richard. It is not difficult at all, and for $6 (free shipping in the USA), I can send you a kit that will allow you to re-seal your SRT200 and about 5 more cameras similar to it. Please go to E-Bay and search "by seller." Type in my ID...Interslice...and you'll see two size kits plus the auction page actually shows you a glimpse of some actual re-sealing work being done. Good luck. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Jon

Lee Crump

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

check out the following link
http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/restore.htm

If the mirror stop foam is decomposing the foam around the back door probably needs to be replaced. If you are TRUELY adventurous you may also want to replace the foam between the inside focusting lens (located above the mirror) and the camera body. Best of luck. I'll check back in a few days to see if you want further info.

Peter Rowan

Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had the same trouble with my SRT 202, and I FREAKED because I thought the camera was ruined. So, freaked was I, that I called B&H photo in New York from Connecticut, and asked them on a Sunday, 'cause I was out with my camera when it happened. Even though I did not buy it from B&H (inherited it from my Dad, phone sales service is very knowledgeable). It was an old camera from 1976, and this was 2000.

Anyhow, DON'T FREAK OUT about foam. B&H rep told me, it doesn't really need to be replaced. BUT DO NOT ATTEMPT to monkey around with mirror or fix yourself. Leave it alone, as it will not affect your photos. In a while it dries up and disappears. It's a pain in the neck to look at, I'll grant you, but it will not ruin your picture, and soon you'll forget it's there. It's customary with the age of the cameras.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration