Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Spotmatic focussing error Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Spotmatic focussing error « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have 2 Spotmatics which show a focussing error (object at infinity is sharpest when focussed slightly closer). Lenses used are tried & true (i.e. don't behave that way on other bodies).

Is there a way to tell if the problem is with the mirror or with the focussing screen position?

If the screen, how do I adjust it? I've noticed 3 tiny screws in the screen area, but the back 2 seem unreachable without massive disassembly.

Is this a typical or recurring problem with Spotmatics?

Thanks!

Chris

John Farrell

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you look closely, you will see that the screws under the screen are at an angle - they can be reached through the lens opening. This is where you would make adjustments. Before changing anything, however, check photographs taken with the cameras, to see if they show any signs of incorrect focus.

Chris

Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks!

As it turned out, I only needed to use the front screw (image on both cameras ok on one edge but not on the other & center).

5 minutes and tightening the screw 1 turn on one camera and 1/2 turn on the other solved things....
: )

Chris

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration