Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

AE-1 film advance problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » AE-1 film advance problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robb Miller

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently picked up my second AE-1 body and ran some film through it, to see if there were any problems. Sure enough, I found one. on every second picture, I have to advance the arm 1 & 1/2 times, which uses up two frames. Any ideas? Everything elses seems to be in order.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

under the wind lever, there is a three lobed disc that a lever drops in to stop advance--it sounds like the lever is not dropping in for some reason. One common occurence with the AE1 is that the plastic rim around the wind lever gets bumped and that breaks off one or more of the heat sealed tabs the hold it to the top cover. The little piece drops into the wind area and can jam things up. With the top off, look at the under side where the rim--there are about five of these and you can tell if one is missing--then you have find it! Seal the others in place with a touch of SuperGlue.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration