Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya/Sekor 1000 DTL top removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Mamiya/Sekor 1000 DTL top removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Lark

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Need to remove the top and all is well except the button in the center of the film advance lever. Have tried everything but can't figure how to get the #^$%& thing loose. Saw a note somewhere about using "fishing line" but no details. Anybody out there have a clue?

Roland F. Harriston

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Getting into this camera can be a bit complex.
I'll dig up some photos and send them directly to you, hopefully in a few hours. I have to search for them.

Roland F. Harriston

Roland F. Harriston

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert Lark:
I located the photos, etc.
Send me a email address so that I can send you the
Mamiya 1000DTL information.

Roland F. Harriston

John Farrell

Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use a length of monofilament nylon fishing line. work it down around the button, so you can loop it around the stem of the button, then pull up. I've not tried this, but I've seen photographs of the method (on a long-forgotten web site).

marshall congdon

Posted on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anyone know where i can find the nut and button that holds the advance\meter lever on? was given numerous lenses and filters, camera works great, but i need to find that nut and button.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration