Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K1000 light meter doesn't work... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Pentax K1000 light meter doesn't work « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Christine

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got a used Pentax K1000. The light meter worked initially, but then it simply stopped working. New batteries haven't helped. The light meter just sits right in the middle, as though the lighting were always perfect, but it never moves. Does anyone know what I can do with it? It's not worth the money to repair it, but it would be nice not to become the guessing human light meter forever.

Patrick Harris

Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excellent chance it's the wire from the battery "cup" to the top of the camera. Remove the bottom of the camera. You will then see the black plastic cup for the battery. You will also see a small black wire that runs down to the bottom side of the "cup" - give a gentle tug on the wire and see if you can pull it from away from the battery cup. If you did this with a very gentle pull it probably was no longer soldered. Corrisve materiel seeping out of an earlier battery was the culprit - and this is quite common with the K1000s.

Part II gets a bit more involved but I can give you some more info if this was the problem.

mikeNC

Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My problem is slightly different. When I put a battery in the meter stays positive. It begins to drift to the middle a bit if you block almost all of the light coming in. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration