Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mirror stuck up in Minolta Maxxum 3xi Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Mirror stuck up in Minolta Maxxum 3xi « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dale Scheidemantle

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My mirror has stuck in the up position and won't come back down!

I have never worked on a camera before, but was wondering if it was (hopefully) something that I could fix myself.

Any suggestions?

Dale Scheidemantle

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any suggestions besides the obvious....

"time to get a real camera"

I can't afford the $1000 for a decent camera
right now and would love to get this one going
again.

Thanks for any input!!!!!

Jon Goodman

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Dale.
Did the shutter fire completely? Can you re-cock the camera?
Jon

Dale Scheidemantle

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The camera won't do anything now.

It has HELP in the display.

The only time it does anything at all is when you put in the battery. It makes a sound like a motor trying to run and then stops.

It won't respond to anything on any of the controls.

I have gotten the film out, and I can bring the mirror down manually, but it doesn't stay down.When you release pressure it just pops right back up.

Totally at a loss,

Dale

Jon Goodman

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Dale.
Thanks. The word "help" rings a bell in my memory. I got one of these in a box lot a year or two ago, but sold it shortly after that, as I didn't have the proper lens for it. I found some data about typical problems somewhere on the internet, but don't know what I did with it. I want to say this camera had a problem with the aperture actuator or some other linkage breaking, and I also want to say when that happened it caused the camera to display the word "help" and stop working. Although somebody not long ago posted here or on another forum that he left his outside in rainstorm and his was saying "help" now. I'll keep looking. If it is the problem I'm thinking of, you may be better off looking for another similar but working camera on E-Bay.

Jon

Dale Scheidemantle

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the input!

I do appreciate it.........

Dale

Garry

Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your camera needs a new aperture base plate. It's a pretty common problem with all Maxxum series. Should you have any questions visit us at www.garryscamera.com.

Garry,
[email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration