Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Contina IIa Jammed WInder Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Zeiss Ikon Contina IIa Jammed WInder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Larry Davis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 08:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a Zeiss Ikon Contina IIa which looks to be in good shape except that the winder will not wind. I don't have an owner's manual so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas before I open it up? Any suggetions on what to look for if/when I do look inside?

Thanks,

Larry

Reiner

Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 04:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Propably the wind lever is blocked because the camera is winded but can not be fired. I can imagine two possible reasons.

Many cameras of that aera including the Contina II can only be fired with an inserted film because the shutter is cocked by the sprocket wheel which is turned by the passing film. Try to turn the sprocket wheel manually in the film travel direction and try to fire.

The second reason might be that the shutter is sticky because of dried lubricants. Sometimes a cleaning of the shutter blades with a solvent might help. Sometimes the shutter has to be taken apart to clean it internally.

Peter

Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it possible via internet to get a repair manual for the Zeiss Ikon Contina 2a camera

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration