Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Trying to get my Minolta XG-M working Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Trying to get my Minolta XG-M working « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim Norman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I am trying to see if my minolta XG-M can be eassily fix with out having a professional doing it (again). The problem is that the shutter will not come down. And to top it off none of the electric compontens will turn on (the light meter, and the red-eye reducer light). I tried new batteries but nothing has worked. I am thinking that there is a lose wire somewhere. Does any one have a clue what wire could have come out. Or does any one else have a clue to what might be the problem is? It is a great camera I hate not using it!!!

Tim Norman

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 09:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, I have a correction to make. I do have power to the light meter and the red eye reduction light. But when I fully press the shutter release the light meter will not work until I turn the camera off and on again.

Henry

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Red eye reduction light? On an XG-M?? Maybe you mean the self-timer / battery test light. Regardless, if the mirror is up the power to the metering circuit has been turned off by the camera itself in order to store the correct voltage in the metering capacitor. Turning off and back on doesn't really do anything to fix the camera. Somewhere in the release cycle your camera has failed to trip the next function in the sequence. It'll need mechanical resetting.

If it continues locking up it'll need to be cleaned.

majorlan

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 04:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey there! If you still got this problem-i think it might be the same problem as many X-300(500/700)-users have. i don´t know if it´s the same word in english-but in a lot of german repair-sites its talked about an malfunktion of a "condensator"in the bottom of your camera.
see this page for-perhaps-some help:
http://www.ruedig.de/kamera/x300.htm

maybe this will help.
greetings majorlan

majorlan

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey again-its called capacitors- not condensators!
I still can learn something new! ;)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration